Monday, June 15, 2009

Stanley Thermos


STANLEY THERMOS

If there ever was a symbol of longevity and a first class product, it is the Stanley Thermos. The Stanley Thermos is now over 90 years old, and it still is the top of the line Thermos in quality and longevity. The stories about the Stanley Thermos surviving falls and being run over by Caterpillar tractors, and still keeping contents hot despite being dropped and driven over are very numerous and common. Some stories are quite amazing, and it is quite refreshing to see a product that is as durable and long lasting as the Stanley Thermos.
I personally have my own stories about the Stanley Thermos, I had made some coffee for an outdoor night beside a campfire, I had made the coffee too hot, and it was actually scalding hot when I poured it into my Stanley Thermos. I thought well, it will be at least 6 hours before anyone will be drinking it, so it should be cooled down enough by then. That was a mistake! Sure it was 7 or 8 hours before anyone requested coffee, wow! When she poured some, she spilt coffee on her hand, and sure enough she was scalded. Another instance was when my cousin and I were working for a logging contractor in the forest south of where we live. My cousin left his Stanley Thermos by the edge of the landing where a Caterpillar Tractor drove by and caught the bottom end of the Stanley Thermos with one of the lugs on its tracks. It pushed in the bottom part of the Stanley Thermos, however though it held about ½ a cup less, it still kept his liquids hot and never leaked.
There are several different types, sizes & styles of Stanley Thermos. But they all come in the same durable condition that they all have been built with. These are not thermos’s that only last for a few years, I have had mine for 28 years now and it is still working as fine as it was when I first purchased my Stanley Thermos.

1 comment:

  1. If there ever was a symbol of longevity and a first class product, it is the Stanley Thermos. The Stanley Thermos is now over 90 years old, and it ... sthermos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete